Saturday, March 24, 2012

A Right to Not Know?

Personal post incoming, take cover!

There are some parts of who I am that I am not sure are parts of who I am. (I know this doesn't make logical sense, but I don't know how to express it.) And I am afraid to admit these maybe parts of me and my experience. On the one hand, if I disclose, then I will have to deal with the shit that comes along with that, regardless of its being maybe not so. And on the other hand, if it isn't so, am I being an appropriative, me-tooist asshole by acting on this belief that it might be so?

I don't know, but I know that not admitting these possibilities hasn't been doing me any good. I'm not going to describe things in detail. I don't want you to judge and decide whether these things are or aren't. In most cases, you wouldn't be qualified to.

I might be a survivor.
I might be queer.
I might be trans*.

I don't fucking know.

No comments:

Post a Comment